Grab your paint, gather your acrylic Silver Brushes, and head to the easel with Cinnamon Cooney, a.k.a. The Art Sherpa, for her 1st Annual Acrylic April Painting Challenge!
From April 1st through April 30th, paint along LIVE with Cinnamon on her YouTube channel as she guides you through 30 different acrylic painting tutorials based on 30 different prompts. In addition to the tutorials, your Art Sherpa will provide plenty of supporting videos, blogs, worksheets and tips to help you through the month.
“I have always thought Inktober and World Watercolor Month were amazing events and I wished there was one for the acrylic medium…I chose April as Acrylic Month because whenever I have mentioned painting daily as a way to improve, my students would laugh nervously as if I might be kidding,” says Cinnamon. In creating Acrylic April, Cinnamon has proven that a daily painting project is no April Fool’s joke, but a means to grow.
“I think it’s really important that this is just about the acrylic community. Our medium is the chameleon of the art world — It can look like oils or watercolor; it can be sprayed or applied in the thickest impasto; it goes over nearly every surface. ACRYLIC IS AMAZING! And this is our month to celebrate that!”
Here are the rules for the challenge:
- Following The Art Sherpa’s Acrylic April prompts, create your painting on a surface 12×12 or smaller using acrylic paint
- Share it on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter
- Use the hashtags #acrylicapril, #acrylicapril2019 and #ItsNoJokeAcrylicApril
- Repeat daily from April 1st (no fooling) to April 30th
The Art Sherpa encourages you to follow along but don’t worry if creating 30 paintings in 30 days is an overwhelming idea! Acrylic April is meant to be a fun learning experience, not a source of stress. “If you make 30 little paintings, you are a winner. If you make less than 30, you are a winner. Do your best, paint anything you want…Follow the prompts or do your own thing,” says Cinnamon.
For more information about Acrylic April, please visit acrylicapril.com
- To join the Facebook Community for Acrylic April, please visit facebook.com/groups.AcrylicApril and be a part of the conversation!
- To follow along with the daily painting tutorials, head over to The Art Sherpa’s YouTube channel and make sure you subscribe!
- Check out the “Spotlight” section on SilverBrush.com featuring Acrylic April!
Find out where you can buy Silver Brushes near you or online!
Watch The Art Sherpa’s Acrylic April Q&A on YouTube!