Golden Natural® has been a member of the Silver Brush Limited product line for over 20 years. This versatile series has innumerable positive qualities, but we chose the Top 5 Reasons you should have Golden Natural® in your hand:
- It’s An “All Media” Brush
- Yup, you read that right! Golden Natural® can be used in watercolor, acrylic or oil paints. These brushes are gentle enough to lay down watercolor washes without lifting, but strong enough to push heavy acrylic paint across a canvas or withstand rough treatment with oils.
- Longevity and Performance
- Golden Natural® has a blend of natural animal hair and synthetic golden taklon. Why does that matter? Having natural hair means better absorbency and smoother color release and the synthetic filament offers durability and snap
- Precise Control
- Golden Natural® is an excellent brush for illustrators because they offer very precise control over your color. These red-handled beauties glide effortlessly across your painting surface and release color evenly and slowly without puddling
- Variety of Sizes
- Unlike some brush series, Golden Natural® boasts very tiny round sizes like 5/0, 3/0 and 2/0 making these brushes an excellent choice for fine lines and details such as eye lashes, blades of grass, whiskers, or miniature paintings. If a larger size is more your speed, Golden Natural round brushes go all the way up to a size 12.
- The Price is Right!
- Golden Natural® is an excellent quality brush that will last for many years with the proper care. It falls right in the middle of the road as far as price but you can expect it to perform and last longer than almost any brush in your collection.
Here’s what artists have to say about Golden Natural®:
“These brushes are a dream to use!” – Artist Drew Europeo (Watercolor)
“The Golden Natural® brushes give the artist the performance of a fine Red Sable brush. Its natural hair carries more paint while synthetic hair delivers durability to keep precise chisel edges and sharp points. The wide variety of shapes and sizes offers the perfect brush for any painting project.” – Artist and Teacher Earline Padgett (Acrylic and Watercolor)
“I wish I could explain to every person that contemplates buying a brush, what AN AWESOME BRUSH Golden Natural® is!! It is worth the money and it outperforms, and out lasts just about everything. It is so perfect in so many ways. One day folks will wake up and realize they have been wasting money on cheap tools, when they could have bought this one brush and been happy for years.” – Artist Beth Wild (Oil and Acrylic)
For more information, check out the Golden Natural® product page on our website!
(Process video and painting by Jeannie Dickson who is using a Golden Natural® angel brush and a Black Velvet® round brush)
Written by Kira Leilich, Communications Manager at SBL
You must be logged in to post a comment.